- It’s Customizable. An access control system can be customized for each employee, allowing certain employees permission to enter your business — or certain areas within your business – at specific times. For example, some employees may only have access to a restricted area during normal business hours; or only personnel who have a reason to work off hours could have access on weekends.
- It’s more secure. Access control eliminates physical keys and the risks and costs associated with a lost key. If a key card is lost or a pass code is revealed, it can be instantly deactivated — even from a remote location. And card keys are more difficult to duplicate: whereas a couple of dollars and a quick trip to a hardware store can get a copy of “regular key,” card key encryption requires much more sophistication to hack. We also have high security keys available.
- It reports who. One of the best advantages is the ability to integrate surveillance into the access control system. This means you not only know who it was passing through the doors with a complete time-stamped history, but actually have video recorded footage of the person. In the event of criminal activity, you can determine who was in the building at the time of the incident and have a record of each time the doors were opened and closed.
- It’s for more than Standard Doors. Controlled access can be used with more than just standard doors. It can provide access through turnstiles, barriers, parking gates, and motorized fences for maximum security.
- It saves money. Integrating your building management system with an access control system can save a lot of money. The access control system can inform the building management system which rooms or areas of the buildings are occupied so lighting and HVAC can be automatically turned off in unoccupied areas reducing energy consumption. An access control system can also reduce the need and cost associated with security guards.
Metro Alarm & Lock can recommend and install an access control solution that is easy to implement, easy to maintain, and easy to use.
To learn more about the advantages an access control system would offer your business, call Metro Alarm & Lock. (888) 794-7196